For the majority of my life, I've avoided major change like the plague.
When I'm comfortable, I like to stay comfortable. Simple as that. I don't like the new or the unknown because it's all out of my control. But looking back over the past four or five years, almost everything has changed. Nothing seems sacred. Nothing stays the same.
Most of all... I don't stay the same.
I thought through all of this that food would constantly be on my mind, that it would get monotonous, that I wasn't strong enough. And the best part of the past five days is that I keep proving myself wrong.
As much as I still enjoy food, it's not always on my mind. Eating has become systematic for me, just another thing I do. I don't make it this big event anymore where I work up to it and look forward to it all day, every day.
At the gym today, the guy who had shown me how to use the machines and which machines to use was busy with other clients and I was confused. I hate asking for help. It seems like weakness to me. I told my grandma, my workout buddy, that I didn't know what to do. So we found machines that did the same thing as the machines he wanted me to use.
And I kept going.
In a crowded gym. At dinner faced with fatty hamburger meat and buttery hamburger buns.
I kept going.
I think -perhaps- this will be a main thrill of mine now. Proving myself wrong. All the way to my BEST LIFE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Keep going Ashlee, It is a pain going to the gym but I know you can to it....
ReplyDelete