Friday, February 5, 2010

Step Into the Future.

I'm a twenty-year-old child.

Because I don't have anything that's really mine but my imagination. I haven't accomplished much for two whole decades on this earth. What I own is intangible, living in my head. Everything that I've had or accomplished has somehow slipped away.

Today, that all changed.

It won't seem like much to anyone else. It's a PERMIT.

That's right. A driver's permit. Something I never thought I'd do.

But I did it.

I've had other accomplishments that have run through my fingers like sand, and I was hesistant at first about this one.

After all, nothing is definite. But being here, in this time and this place, I feel as though I just stepped through a door.

That door leads to my future. I won't lose this. I won't let go of this. Stepping off the proverbial cliff-edge is terrifying.

But stepping through the proverbial door of life has done nothing but give me JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment